Making Ohmic Contacts
- InGa Eutectic (Alfa Aesar stock# 12478)
- Two-Component Silver Conductive Epoxy (Master Bond EP21TDCS)
(materials should be stored - when not in use - in the non-food
1) Clean both surfaces (e.g., copper and Si) with alcohol.
2) Scratch off the surface oxide on the Si in the area you wish to
make Ohmic contact with.
3) Apply a small drop of (room temp.) InGa eutectic to the area.
4) Cover the drop with the pre-mixed silver epoxy.
5) Attach surfaces and allow epoxy to cure.